Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long time no post!!

So I know that I haven't posted in a really long time and I'm sorry. I have just been really busy the past couple weeks and I have been exhausted a lot.

Blaine came home on Feb. 2. Laura and I went to Danville that day for an FRG meeting and then the soldiers came back early so we got to see them. Blaine got promoted to 1st Lieutenant at the end of the day. I got to pin on his new rank and then McGray took care of the punching and saluting. It was neat to be there for the promotion and to see the way that his platoon reacted to it. They gave him a giant group hug right after. It was really neat to see.

Blaine officially leaves still on the 22nd of February. His flight to New Jersey will be that morning sometime. I'm not really sure what time, but I know that it will be a morning thing. From there he will head to New Jersey for about 2 months and then he will head to Kuwait still. He got his orders today and they are for the 22nd and then for 400 days following. That is as of right now.

This past weekend was a great time. We got to see lots of family on Saturday and then on Sunday we spent some time just hanging out at the house. Blaine has been spending his time in Danville this week during the day working on packing up the armory and the gear they are going to need while they are in Iraq. It is a strange thing to be thinking about packing everything up and thinking about what he needs to take on his own as well. I will try to post some pictures of the promotion as soon as I can. For now it is off to bed for me. Have a great night everyone!

No comments: