Monday, February 21, 2011

Rainy Monday

I was off school today and after last weeks beautiful weather I would have loved a day that I could be outside with Ostyn. That day is not today. :( Although it is warmer than it will be later this week, it has been pouring down rain all day. Definitely not a good day to be out or take a walk. Oh well. Warmer days are on their way I am sure.

I did spend today with my little guy, who unfortuantely was quite grouchy all day. Not really sure what that is about, but he didn't sleep well last night, and today was sleepy and crabby most of the day. It was nice to be home with he and Blaine though after spending the weekend flying solo. Blaine had his first weekend of drill with his new unit and Ostyn and I hung out here with lots of fun people. After a slow morning of lounging and playing on Saturday, Ostyn went to his Grandma and Grandpa Gellerts for a while. Amy and I travelled up to the outlet mall in Monroe and did some shopping. It turned out that I mostly bought things for only Ostyn, but we had a good time. Then after picking up Ostyn Amy and I went to Brookville to spend time with my grandparents. We always have a good time and they really enjoy seeing Ostyn. Ostyn even got to hang with Uncle Matt and Aunt Sharlena too! He was quite tired by 9 and we headed home to get him in bed. Sunday was church in the morning and then he and I just hung at the house the rest of the day and waited for Blaine to come home. Ostyn was excited when Blaine walked in the door and didn't want to be anywhere the rest of the night if he couldn't see Blaine. Too cute! Today has included 2 workouts, some tv catch up and hanging out with my little guy.

I have still been working out twice a day and while I am not losing a ton of weight I can definitely tell the difference in myself. My clothes are all fitting differently and I  feel like a healthier person as well. I can tell that my cardio is getting better and I guess it is only a matter of time before the weight starts coming off more after I am done building muscle. Or so I am told anyways. I still hate getting up at 5 in the morning, but I know that it is worth it and I feel better about myself after the workout.

Ostyn is now sitting up on his own and most of the time doesn't even seem to wobble much. He has had a few crashes over, but he is doing really well. We have seen him roll from his belly to his back a few times too, which is nice because hopefully it means he will be less cranky when he gets on his belly. He is up to cereal two times a day and gobbles that up quickly. Next stop real food I guess. We are planning on making his food right now. We have a couple of books on it and some tools to help us get started. His 6 month check up is next Monday so hopefully I will have time to post then about how he is growing!

Gotta go for now! Time for piano lessons! Take care!

No comments: