Friday, October 16, 2009

Changing things up

So I am aware that I have not posted in 2 months. And I'm aware that there is next to nobody reading this anymore and I don't really know what to update anymore. I think I got to the point that I didn't know what to post about anymore. I felt like maybe nobody cared about what was going on and that the things I was posting about were useless and boring to others. That being said I think I will try to take this blog in a new direction. I keep hearing from my family that I should be sharing my teaching experiences with others via a book. That seems crazy. I hate writing. I am currently enrolled in a master's class that involves writing a research paper and I hate it! I can't imagine writing an entire book! So I am thinking that instead of only writing about things going on in Blaine and I's lives, I will start to share other thoughts and feelings about teaching, working and going to college, and anything and everything else in between. I will TRY really really hard to post things every other day or so. These will likely be 5 minute posts on my day maybe, something I read, something random, or who knows what else. No promises on how often these will occur or how long it will last. I just know that I can't see that anyone cares about what is going on in my life much.

So here is the post for today....

I spent my day trying to make it through. This week has been really rough at school in a way that had nothing to do with the students and teaching. We as a staff have been having some definite rough times. On Monday night a very dear friend of mine at school lost her husband. He had been battling cancer for over 2 years and he unfortunately lost his battle. The visitation was on Thursday and needless to say, that day in itself was already set to be a tough one. We then got word during the day that our co-worker was in the hospital because they thought he was having a heart attack. That on top of the rest of the bad news and feelings of the day has drained all of us as a staff. I for one am exhausted and not feeling the best after all of the stress of the week.

On a positive note I spent the week making the day of my students. It is the end of the first quarter and many of my classes have earned their rewards. The younger students have been choosing out of my "treasure box" and the older classes are getting baked goods. They are all so excited and pumped to be in class and I am hearing that things are really different this year for the kids in music class. I need to say and HUGE thanks to my Mom for all her help this week. She was kind enough to help make the baked goods for my students this week because of my hectic schedule. I would have been in deep trouble if not for Mom this week. THANKS MOM!! :)

I hope you are all doing well out there in the world and that you are taking care of yourselves so you don't get sick. I'm counting down the days till my pod mate gets back from his trip and it can't be soon enough.

I'm off to bed for the night. It's an early Friday night for me! Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Princess Christy said...

I care I care I care!

Sorry for the rough week - I can't imagine the stress that placed on all of you. You know you can always call!

Glad to hear your kids think music is better this year!