Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally September

Can I just say that it's about time for a nice day that isn't in the 90s. This week was miserable at school with the temperatures so high. Today is beautiful and I'm loving it. Last night was perfect too since it was cool enough to finally wear a long sleeved shirt!

This week at school seemed really long even though it was a shortened week. The students were a bit off kilter this week too so that didn't help. There were subs in the building for the first time this year and the kids were reacting to it differently than usual. I don't really have any funny stories about school yet. Mostly the kids have just been asking me about my foot and Blaine. Its funny to me that they are so curious and wanting to know about my life.

My foot is yet to be determined what the final outcome will be. I'm going back to the doctor on Monday and will then find out what's going on I guess. I'm so sick of all this crap. Hopefully things are going to be clear again soon. Guess I'll be finding another doctor to get a second opinion soon too. Grrrr to foot injuries and the bologna that they cause.

Blaine is doing well still. He has been very busy this past week. Sounds like the heat over there has also been up. The temps have been around the 120s or 130s it sounds like. Add on to that the 12 hour days that Blaine's platoon has been putting in working with the Iraqi police. I'm sure they are hoping for a much calmer week next week.

I haven't put up any pictures on picasa web lately or from the weekend yet. Just haven't found the time and I just haven't felt the desire to mess with it yet. I will get working on it though.

Oh yeah one more thing!!! Each year my family has a homemade ice cream contest to see who can come up with the best idea. Each year a trophy is passed to a new person to take home and keep for the year. This year I decided to make Apple Pie Ice Cream. And guess what..............
I WON!!! :) It was fun to get to do this and know that I had done a really good job. So now on my table the trophy is sitting and I love to come home and see it and know that I did an awesome job! Yay!

I guess that's all for today. I'll try to post about my foot on Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend everyone!!

P.S. Love you Blaine! Keep doing a great job!

No comments: