Blaine started a new job this month. He is no longer with Biggs or Home Depot as we thought he would be. He is now working full time with the Army. He has switched over to active duty again and has been placed into a job at Camp Atterbury. He is working with a team of people to help other troops that are mobilizing to either Iraq or Afghanistan. He is still working on the paperwork and safety end of the deal for right now, but should start the real part of the job soon. He will be staying there some of the time for this job as well. The Army has set him up in an apartment near post so he doesn't have to drive so far every day.
The second thing on the list would be our new car!! Yay! We got a 2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid. It is awesome so far! It should get fantastic gas mileage, it is super cute and fun looking, and it smells like new car!! :-) I can surely say that this was a stressful, but fun thing to do. I know that we will really enjoy driving it around. Look for us in it! Here are a few pics of it...
It is black with tan leather in it. It has a sunroof and heated seats among other luxuries that seem like sooooo much fun to have!
In other news we went to Gatlinburg at the beginning of this month. We spent 5 days down there with the Gary, Laura, Trey, Cory, Jesse, Logan, Bub, Carol and Audrey. We all met up at a Blue-Green Resort where Gary and Laura set us all up with a condo for the time we were there. The place was really nice and we had a gorgeous view at night. While we were there we did lots of fun things and saw and did things I had not done before. We went to Cades Cove where we got to drive through a section of the Smoky Mountains National Park. On the drive we got to see some beautiful scenery and some awesome wildlife! We got to see deer very close, some turkeys, horses and even some black bears and cubs! It was by far one of the coolest things to see the bears and cubs in the wild. At one point there was an adult bear and some cubs right outside the car window from us in the woods. It was like 8 or 10 ft away! While we were down there we also went whitewater rafting. While this was something that I didn't want to do and was very nervous about it I can now say that I have done it before. Did I hate it? No. Did I love it? No. It was fun at times, and scary as can be at other times. We also did some Hillbilly golfing and ate at Blaine's Grill and Bar in downtown Gatlinburg. Overall we had a good time and got to see some beautiful sights! The pics below are just a sampling of the good times! I hope you enjoy!
Here is just one of the bear pics. If you look close you can see one of her 4 cubs next to her on the left.
The beautiful view from our porch one night we were there.
Our group heading up for Hillbilly golf. Blaine won of course!
Logan, what a cutie! He seemed to enjoy chewing on Blaine's dog tags.
The rest are rafting pics. Hope you enjoy! The front of the boat was Jesse and Blaine. I'm behind Blaine and Cory is behind Jesse. Our guide, Isis, is in the back in the black helmet.
School will be starting soon and I think I'm ready for sure. I know that I have a lot to do between now and then, so I am anxious to get started. I'll try to get another update soon hopefully in a week or so and let everyone know how the job is for Blaine and I'll let you know about my classroom and the date and time to show up and help me put it together. Haha! Take care everyone! Thanks for stopping in to catch up with us even though I suck at updating frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment