It is hard to believe that it has been almost 4 weeks since I last posted. The 4 weeks has gone fast for me and I feel like I've been run through the mill. Between school, grad classes, things to do at home and with friends and family and Blaine being back and the adjustment I think I'm about to drop. Which is the plan for the next couple of days since Spring Break has finally arrived. YAY! It seemed like it would never get here. Blaine and I are going to take a trip to the Gulf Coast thanks to the Rehage family. They are letting us rent their house in Orange Beach for a few days and we are pumped about going. Or at least I am.
Blaine is doing well and getting back to doing normal things here at home. He spends his days lounging and watching TV or playing video games and seems quite content to do so. The evenings are pretty busy for the both of us too. Trying to find time to hang out for us and then just the normal everyday stuff that needs to get done. Blaine is not sure what is ahead of him on the job front, but is going to be starting back to work somewhere in the next couple of weeks.
School is going fine for mme. Turns out that my school we be closing for a year in June. That means that I will now be the music teacher at Williams Avenue Elementary. I will have some of the same students, but most will be different. I am looking forward to the change and think it will be nice to have some new things to work with. I have some goals for my teaching and some things that I want to try that are new, so I'm hoping this will be the time to do it. Grad school is still kicking my butt. I feel ilke I'm always scrambling to do well in class and that's not something that I'm used to doing I guess. Needless to say I'm not enjoying the classes as much as I had hoped yet, but maybe that will change.
A big congratulations to Sherry and Derek Rehage. They are expecting their first child and Blaine and I are so excited for them! They are going to be awesome parents.
One more thing before I go....I need some help praying for a friend at school and her family. Her husband has recently found out that cancer he thought he had beaten is back and he is struggling with a lot of pain right now. This family is awesome and Sue was so great helping me out and checking on me at shcool when Blaine was gone. If you could please keep the Martini family in your thoughts and prayers this week I'd really appreciate it.
That's all for now! I'll try to do a better job on this now that Blaine is back. Hope you all have a fabulous week! Take care!
1 comment:
Katie, I am SUPER excited for you to be going to Williams! When you know who the other teachers are, let me know - I'll let you know if any of them are still there from when I went there. I will GLADLY help you set your room up, it will be going home for me!!
Post a Comment