Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Missing freedom

Well I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July and that it was a relaxing time. My 4th was a good time that was spent with family.

Thursday night the 3rd I went to the Gellert's for dinner with Cory and Jessie. It was a yummy dinner of course. It was nice to catch up with Cory and Jessie as well. I hardly see them and they have a lot going on to keep up with these days!

Friday my Mom, Dad and I finished up the painting that needed to be done at the house. We painted the entry way and up the stairs as well as the landing upstairs. It was a ton of work. There is so much trimming and stuff that is hard to get to in the hallway and up the steps. We started right around 8 and it took us until 2 to finish. All in all everything went smoothly. I have touch ups to do now and then everything will be done for the most part. I have pretty much red paint left and so I'm thinking about maybe painting a wall in the powder room....we'll see. After that I was way pooped and so I showered and decided to rest in my bed for a bit watching a movie....it wasn't too long and I woke up an hour and a half later. Ooops. I went to dinner with my parents after talking with Blaine for a bit. Then we came back home and I watched some fireworks on TV and it was time for bed!

Saturday was the family party at Pams. Saturday morning I got up early and worked on putting the house back together in case people came over to check out the paint. After cleaning and hanging up the pictures and such I worked on my fruit salad for the party. After finishing the salad I got some time to just relax and catch up on some TV that I had taped. Blaine called me on Saturday too! It was so nice to actually get to talk to him and hear his voice. We get more accomplished during those conversations too. He is doing well and was excited to get to take part in a cookout that they had on the FOB for the 4th. I headed to Pams for the party around 4 and had a great time. We had fabulous food, great company, and gorgeous weather. It was nice to get to see some family that I hadn't seen in awhile. I have pictures that I will try to post later on this week if I get the chance.

Sunday was just a lazy day that I like to have. Sleeping in, lounging and then spending a bit of time with the fam.

Monday I had dinner with Donna Tanner and her 3 boys. It is so great to see her and hang out with her. She is such an awesome teacher and a great friend and person to have on your side. Her boys are awesome too! They are so funny and really smart. It is hard to believe how big they are! It makes me feel old!

Tuesday I got a real treat for the next 10 days. I went back to the doctor on Tuesday for my foot. I actually went to a foot and ankle doctor this time. He was much more thorough and I felt much more comfortable about what was going on and his diagnosis, even though it is not fun. He took more x-rays and then looked at those. According to the ones he took I pretty much broke a bone in my foot. So now I have a boot on my foot for at least then next 10 days and likely longer than that. The boot goes from my toes to about 1/2 inch below my knee. It adds about 2 inches to the height of that leg as well. That meant that I had to go and get new shoes that were also tall for my left foot. So mom was kind enough to tote me around and look for cheapo flip flops that made me tall. (Thanks mom!!) I finally found what we were looking for at the 3rd place, Target. So now I am 2 inches taller and wearing a giant boot on one foot and platform flip flops on the other. It is quite out of character for me. Oh well, go figure that the first time I break a bone in my body I would be living by myself and having to deal with everything alone.

It has been an interesting week. Tomorrow I am headed to northern Indiana to visit with Matt and Sharlena. Mom, Dad, and Grandma are going along too. I am ready to get out of my house and take a trip. It might be a bit eaiser without this boot though. Oh well....we'll see how it goes and I'm sure there will be pictures to share as well.

Blaine is doing well this week. He has gotten a lot of packages and is getting to share some things with the other guys. My mom and I made his favorite cookies to send to him last week. He was so excited to get them and he has already eaten 2 of the boxes we sent. He says that he has plenty of chapstick and also plenty of foot powder for the rest of the time he is there. He is thinking that they may get to move into a building somtime soon. Which I'm sure would be nice for him but also probably maybe a pain to have to move everything again.

I hope you all have a fantastic end to your week and a good weekend! Until next time!

P.S. I love you sweetie!! I miss you tons and tons!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Katie! Take care of yourself - you're not supposed to be breaking things! If you want some company, let me know - I finish my classes next Thursday!