Sunday, December 9, 2007

Two weeks and counting!!

I have caught quite a bit of grief about not blogging this past week. I must say that I was also meaning to blog and lots of time would sit down to do it and instead found myself thinking about how tired I was that I just went to bed. So I will catch you up on the last 2 weeks of my life.

My first week without Blaine went very quickly. I was very busy and was constantly on the move. I never realized how much I had going on in my life until it was time to do everything on my own. Tuesday was taken up with my family here working on projects and then Blaine's family popping in with Christmas decorations. Wednesday I tutored and then Amy and I put up the Christmas tree! It looks awesome and I love having it on and up in the house. Makes things a bit more cheery I think. Thursday I spent time with my family and then worked on some things at home. Friday night I avoided the basketball game and instead baked cookies with my mom. It just seems too weird to be at basketball games without Blaine being there. Basketball games are a big part of our history, how we met, where we started hanging out, what I did every Friday and Saturday during my senior year, and our Fridays and Saturdays during the season sense. It just seems sad to be there without him. My weekend last week was very bizzare as well.

Saturday I went to Lebanon, Indiana to a pre-deployment briefing for families of the 38th Military Police Company. It was a meeting that I had been dreading and stressing about for weeks to be honest with you. I never wanted to go to it, nor wanted to know of it and be a part of it. It is so scary to me to actually think about that day in February or March and have to deal with the emotions that go with it. I simply am trying to stay in the day and deal with each new day as it comes for now. Anyways, the actual meeting was informative for most people I am sure. Most of the things they talked about are already taken care of for Blaine and I and the rest are things that we know about and are working on. To keep all of you up to date the earliest that Blaine will be leaving for New Jersey is February 22. The latest that he will be leaving is March 9. While that is still a pretty big time span, it seems a lot smaller than the whole month of February.

Sunday the 2nd was a birthday party for my cousin. It was nice to be with family all week and the weekend. It helped me to keep my mind off being away from Blaine. The next day it was back to the old grind at school. This week was crazy again with lots and lots of things going on. Same plan as the week before with busy evenings, followed by crazy days at school. Friday night of this week was my staff christmas party at school. My sister was a great sport and went along with me. I had a blast and I think that she had an ok time as well. It was nice for me to be able to have someone else meet the people that I work with so they can see who they are. Saturday I had practice for the Cantata with the Methodist church and then I went shopping all day. I got a lot of shopping done and was very pleased with myself! I decided that I could no longer avoid basketball games and attending them on my own. So on Saturday night I went to the EC vs. Lawrenceburg game. It was nice to be out, and see the guys playing, but it still was not the same at all. Congrats to the team for the win! They have started off their season with an awesome run at 5-0!! My night ended with a trip to the Breitensteins party. Today I got to go to choir practice at Dover and then spent the rest of the day with my family. Tonight I am going to spend my time wrapping presents and writing Christmas cards.

Only 2 weeks until Blaine comes home!! I can't wait. I am going crazy here by myself. Well I guess I'd better go. I will try to post more often again. It has just been a strange couple of weeks. Have a great start to your week! If you are bored sometime I'm sure Blaine would love to chat with any of you!!

No comments: